Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All packed!

Since I will be taking a public transportation bus from Pittsburgh to McKeesport to start my ride, I decided to put my panniers in a box and check them on the train. I figured it would be easier to haul a box on the bus than haul 4 panniers, a therm-a-rest, rack bag, and handlebar bag individually. I just have visions of getting off the bus and leaving something on there. That could be a problem.

Since so many people have asked how heavy all of this stuff is, I finally weighed everything. My bike is a dreamy 37 lbs. To all my roadie friends...breath...it's OK! This is a touring bike with racks, fenders, and a built to carry a lot of stuff. So it's not a fast low weight carbon or Ti bike. My gear weighs in at just about 50 lbs. That's not too bad considering that is all my camping equipment and clothing.

No comments: